Attending a Fashion Show: Getting ready, Getting There & Tips
Attending fashion shows can be a lot of fun, but it can also be quite exhausting - especially if you have multiple shows lined up for the day and if it’s your first time attending. There are a few things that you can do to make the process a bit easier and less stressful.
In this article, we will discuss the 101 tips on how to prepare for a trip to fashion show.
Getting There: Stay Safe On The Road
Before you hit the road for your next show or for a fashion week, take your time to consider the safety precautions. Without a question, traveling solo can be dangerous, and it is always better to be safe than sorry anyway. Most types of car accident injuries in Florence are caused by speeding or not obeying traffic laws. Here are a few tips on how to stay safe while traveling:
- Don’t keep your route secret. Put your route into Google Maps and then share it with someone, so that they know where you will be going. This way, if something happens, they will know where to look for you.
- Pack a first aid kit. If you’re traveling on your own in a car, keep a first aid kit with you at all times. If you get injured, you will have everything that you need to take care of yourself. Most likely you won’t, but even then you will have enough sticking-plaster for the blisters from your high heels.
- Bring an external battery for your phone. Bring a charged cell phone with you and an external battery - if you will be filming a lot, you’ll need it.
- Drive carefully. Obviously! Be careful and always obey the speed limit. Be aware of your surroundings and be cautious of other drivers on the road.
These were just some basic tips to make sure your day at a fashion show goes off without a hitch.
Get Packing: Plan Your Outfits
Now that you know how to stay safe on the road, it is time to start packing for your trip. When packing for a trip, it is important to pack light. You do not want to overpack and end up having to carry around a lot of heavy luggage. Instead, pack only the essentials. Here are a few things that you should pack for your next trip:
- Comfortable clothes that you can wear while you are not on the show.
- All your outfits that you will wear to the shows, including makeup and accessories
- A light trench coat, in case the weather is chilly. A beige trench goes with everything.
- A pair of comfortable ballet flats that you can carry in your purse and walk in between the shows.
- Your cell phone and external charger.
- Download an offline map of the area into your Google Maps, so that you can find your way around even if the internet gets patchy in crowded venues.
Do You Travel To Shows For Work?
If you are someone who travels often, there are a few things that you can do to make the process easier. Here are a few tips for people who travel often:
- A good sturdy suitcase is a must. It should be from a solid material rather than fabric, should be waterproof but it should also be lightweight.
- Keep a list of the essentials that you always need to bring so that you do not forget anything.
- Pack your bag the night before, so that you are not rushed in the morning.
- Make copies of important documents, such as your passport and driver’s license, in case you lose them while on your trip.
- Whenever possible, travel with carry-on luggage only. This will save you heaps of time.
- If you are traveling for work, keep your business expenses separate from your personal expenses. This will make it easier to file your taxes.
- Bring a travel pillow, a blanket and a pair of ear plugs, so that you can be get some sleep while traveling.
Fashion Show Etiquette
Last but not least, let’s list out the baasics of fashion show etiquette. When attending a fashion show, there are a few things that you should keep in mind:
- Be attentive to the designers and their work.
- Do not sit in a spot that was not allocated for you.
- Put your cell phone into flight mode before the show starts.
- Refrain from talking aloud during the show.
- Applaud vigorously at the end of the show.
Traveling to a fashion show can be a fun and exciting experience. By following the tips in this article, you will be sure to have a safe and enjoyable trip. Make sure to pack light, so that you can enjoy the fashion show without having to worry about lugging around heavy luggage. And finally, be sure to follow fashion show etiquette, so that you can be respectful of the designers and their work. With these tips in mind, you will be sure to have a great time at your next fashion show!