12 Tips for Finding Hidden Gems in Cottagecore Boutiques
The cottagecore aesthetic has been gaining more and more traction in recent years, offering a unique blend of vintage-inspired and natural elements.
If you’re looking to add some cottagecore style to your wardrobe, there are plenty of cottagecore boutiques out there that can provide you with fashionable yet affordable clothing.
We have a list right here.
However, with so many options available, it can be difficult to determine which ones offer the best quality at an affordable price.
To help make this process easier for you, we’ve put together 12 tips on how to find cottagecore clothes from reputable boutiques without breaking the bank.
Here are some of the boutiques mentioned in the list below:
- littlewomenatelier.com - true cottagecore linen dresses
- sondeflor.com - simpler linen dresses
- misspatina.com - a retro fashion brand that does some cottagecore inspired model
- 1861.ca - a dressy dress brand, some of their models are heavily inspired by cottagecore
How to find quality among indie boutiques
When shopping for cottagecore clothing, it’s important to understand what makes a dress high quality. A cottagecore dress should be made from comfortable and breathable fabrics, while also having a flattering cut that is both stylish and timeless.
Below are some tips on how to ensure you’re getting a high-quality cottagecore dress. Good cottagecore vendors are referenced through the list, and on this page.
- Look for online boutiques with their own photos. A reputable cottagecore boutique should have their own photos made, even if it’s just a selfie in the mirror. This way you are more likely to avoid the situation where the product you’ll get looks nothing like the picture.
Miss Patina, Luisa dress
- Check out cottagecore boutiques in your area. If you’re lucky enough to live near a cottagecore boutique, be sure to check it out and see if they offer quality cottagecore clothing at an affordable price.
1861.ca, Napae dress
- Look for cottagecore vendors that specialize just in this particular style clothing. Many traditional clothing stores may offer cottagecore items, but they won’t necessarily be made with the same quality fabrics and cuts as those found at a cottagecore boutique.
Miss Patina, Midnight velour
- Look for cottagecore vendors with unique pieces. Unique cottagecore pieces can usually be found at cottagecore boutiques, but especially on Etsy, a lot of shops are resellers. They are fine, too, but they charge a little extra. So be sure to keep an eye out for those if you’re looking for something truly special, watermarked and unique.
- Prefer online-only boutiques. There are plenty of cottagecore boutiques that are strictly online and offer cottagecore clothing at more affordable price. Some of these will inevitably be shams, though. There is a lot of shops that will label their clothes cottagecore just to attract customers.
Etsy: NestPrettyThingsShop, Black cameo earrings
- Look for cottagecore boutiques that specialize in handmade items. Many cottagecore boutiques offer handmade items, so be sure to check out those stores as they usually offer higher quality garments at more affordable prices.
sondeflor.com, twill dress
- Look for boutiques that offer discounts and sales. Many cottagecore boutiques have regular sales and discounts, so keep an eye out for those if you’re looking to find affordable cottagecore clothing.
Little Women Atelier, 1900 skirt
- Get the hidden gems from cottagecore jewelry vendors that specialize in vintage items. Vintage cottagecore items can often be found at a fraction of their original prices, so keep an eye out for cottagecore boutiques that specialize in vintage cottagecore items.
Etsy: OrticaBoutique, Coral red earrings
- Vendors that offer clothes made to orders are usually a guarantee of quality. Many cottagecore boutiques are willing to take custom orders, so if you can’t find exactly what you’re looking for in their existing selection, it’s worth asking if they would be able to make something special just for you.
Little Women Atelier, Amy dress
- Ask cottagecore vendors with larger collections if they offer any bulk discounts. Many cottagecore boutiques have larger collections, and if you’re looking to get multiple items it’s worth asking them if they offer any bulk discounts.
- Do your research on cottagecore vendors. That’s super easy to do now as most cottagecore boutiques sell not only through their e-shop but also work with platforms like Etsy that accumulate customer reviews. So it’s a good idea to do some research to make sure the cottagecore vendor you choose is reliable and has a good track record of creating high-quality clothing.
Miss Patina, Edith dress
Following these tips can help you find cottagecore clothes from reputable boutiques without breaking the bank. So take some time to research cottagecore vendors and check out cottagecore boutiques in your area to ensure that you get quality cottagecore clothing at an affordable price. Happy cottagecore shopping, and don’t forget to get some cameo necklace while you’re at it!